- A Mavericks lifeguard wears many hats over the course of the year
- Asked at Island Taco in Carmel
- Bike paths on Fort Ord soon to be closed to the public.
- Common metals and explosives found on former Fort Ord firing ranges from bullets and unexploded ordnance.
- David Hidalgo and Louie Perez take a special concert/Q-and-A to Sunset Center.
- Fourteen years and $100 million later, Fort Ord is riddled with dangerous munitions.
- Francis Ford Coppola returns to filmmaking with the disorienting Youth Without Youth.
- Issue Jan 17, 2008
- Local group fights mental illness, crashes first gig.
- Local startup Abundant Biofuels uses special shrub, strategy to produce green energy.
- Look at the past for guidance today in Iraq.
- Public Citizen
- Rebecca Sayre crafts her stirring sound from jazz, country and the American Songbook.
- Salinas saw 14 murders in 2007, double the number from 2006.
- ioli's, a tiny mom-and-pop pizzeria brings continents of flavor to Carmel Valley.
- “Gordo” opened U.S. readers to Mexico; its creator to be honored for his lifetime achievement.