- Charis Wilson, photographer's ex-wife and subject of many portraits, dies.
- DA cleared Garcia of wrongdoing before he was suspended for helicopter dustup
- 'La Pastorela' and 'Eight Reindeer' break through Christmas consumerism in dramatic – and dramatically different – ways.
- Aging with dignity should be a right.
- Asked at Monterey Produce Market in Monterey.
- Celebrity stalkers track Twitter and Facebook pages to plot burglaries.
- Community/Social Services
- DA cleared Garcia of wrongdoing before he was suspended for chopper dustup.
- Del Rey Oaks, county explore polystyrene packaging ban.
- Devil in the Flesh: Lars von Trier’s 'Antichrist 'is a horror film for adults that Hieronymus Bosch might admire.
- Eating up news on Cannery Row Brewing Company – plus spicy sides.
- Firefighter, cops, library hours may be on chopping block.
- Francesca Fresh loads a lot of homemade things into a diminutive deli in high-demand Ryan Ranch.
- Going Gothic: 'New Moon' vamps on romantic clichés and drags on without wit or depth.
- Hymn for Her takes its unique tour into the redwoods.
- In this special issue, the Weekly showcases 73 local nonprofit initiatives worth supporting – and pledges $100,000 from our Community Fund to match readers’ donations.
- Issue Nov 25, 2009
- Monterey County Table Tennis Club gathers dozens of diverse locals around a passion for pong.
- Relocated Martin Shears gives Monterey County one of its strongest singer-songwriters.
- Rob Kolar leads L.A.’s Lemon Sun to New Monterey.
- The San Clemente Dam removal project is back on. Maybe.
- Unemployed are turning to food pantries as holidays approach.