- 4: The number of U.S. states that now require a photo ID to vote, no exceptions. Source: The Office of U.S. Rep. Sam Farr (D-Carmel)
- Australian oil company expands drilling in Monterey County; interest in fracking slows.
- Carmel Art & Film aims to elevate its movie moxie by focusing more on films.
- Compassionate Friends provides a healing space for the grieving parents.
- Controversy settles on Carmel-by-the-Sea and its tasting room strategy.
- Dog Daze: Mad dash for a dognapped Shih Tzu has Seven Psychopaths stumbling over convoluted plot.
- D’Vine Inspiration: How a new Salinas Valley greengrocer will make you feel like a kid in a (healthy) candy store.
- Free Will Astrology
- Intervenors chomp at desal money; county backs off public-ownership rule.
- Issue Oct 11, 2012
- Legendary ’80s outfit Berlin kicks off Salinas Valley Food and Wine Festival at Fox Theater.
- Los Angeles-based ShyBoy brings celluloid-inspired music to the Carmel Art & Film Festival.
- Mark Stone resigns Coastal Commission seat; Jane Parker on deck to replace him.
- Missed Delivery: The Paperboy plays at hardcore, to demoralizing results.
- Nero fiddled while Rome burned; we can all sip our way through the debates, right?
- Peninsula Park District race is tame as funding and politics mellow out.
- Real Estate
- The Dani Paige Band celebrates its new album while raising money for a cause close to its heart.
- What’s the best way to honor a late loved one?
- Whether Obama has earned another term is almost moot.
- With less than a month to go and absentee ballots hitting local mailboxes this week, here are the Weekly’s endorsements for the 2012 election.