- As SVMH mulls the future of health care, business leaders ponder how to stay afloat.
- Free Will Astrology
- How the American Legislative Executive Counsel thwarts honest debate about gun violence.
- If we don’t heed the warnings, we’ll doom ourselves.
- In the chapter titled “Yellow Brick Road,” a grandson’s questions about the world beyond his experience lead to the start of a great journey.
- Issue Dec 20, 2012
- Local authors of children’s, middle grades and young adult books worth checking out.
- Monterey County kids are among the plumpest in California.
- Monterey County’s top 10 concerts of 2012 compete with those of many major cities. Really.
- Monterey author Anne Ylvisaker crafts a writer’s life – and a book series – from the imagined world of the Button Family.
- Pagrovian carpenter visits Monterey Bay Christmas events by way of the North Pole.
- Public Citizen 12.20.12
- Reacher Feature: Tom Cruise swings hard at this action-detective flick, but it’s better suited for basic cable.
- Real Estate
- School district under fire for naming new school, but scholars advise a closer look.
- Seaside finally takes charge of its own near-shore development.
- Sing Misery: Star-studded cast shows off powerful voices in remake of Hugo classic Les Misérables.
- Squid speaks on water wars.
- Stanford scientist and her photographer friend publish an arboreal meditation.
- The Golden State Theatre features back-to-back nights of music very different from each other.
- The Monterey airport is poised to approve a runway plan – and face another lawsuit.
- The planned Fort Ord hostel brings eco-design, adventure travelers to the old military base.
- Tiny Stardust Playhouse does David Sedaris’ infamous take on Christmas.