- A Chinese artist shows another side of China in Monterey.
- A look at the latest campaign contributions, including local gifts from a billionaire.
- A look at which candidates skipped voting in past elections, and which weren’t even registered.
- ARTIFACTS: soap is the yardstick of civilization, books are the mile markers.
- BREZSNY'S ASTROLOGY • Oct. 9-15, 2014
- Billionaire New York Knicks/Rangers owner would rather be rocking.
- Cali Roots’ little brother delivers four reggae-rock acts.
- Feeling uninspired at the ballot box? Here’s why you should vote anyway.
- Fiery NYC pin-up girl Laura Palmer rides a wave of rockabilly to Carmel.
- If you could pass any law, what would it be?
- Karl Marlantes talks at CSUMB about his book What It Is Like to Go to War.
- Menus can mislead when it comes to ‘wild’ dishes like boar and venison.
- Pacific Grove seeks resident feedback on sidewalk cafes, pilot parklets.
- Public and private interests unite to save the area’s military installations.
- REAL ESTATE Trends - 10.09.14
- Squid anxiously awaits word on who's stealing David Brown's campaign signs.
- The Buzz 10.09.14
- The Judge
- The Monterey Ukulele Club’s weekly jam session at American Burger is open to everyone.
- The Press Club at the Weekly drips art, juice and big possibilities for Seaside and Monterey County.
- The cure for voter suppression plaguing the South is voter registration.
- The first ever Monterey SportsFest reveals many reasons why it will be back in future years.
- The general election is laser-focused on local, but some local races stand to impact the entire county.
- The longtime farmworker advocate turns his focus to community health.