- A pilot insurance program covering undocumented immigrants gets a new name and $2 million.
- A reality TV star became an advocate after experiencing domestic violence.
- A weekend on what poetry can tell us about problems as urgent as climate change.
- ARTIFACTS: Chicano All Stars rock the library, Hartnell teaches fun, Henry Miller Lab’s strange love.
- Art Around the County 10.12.17
- As the Fort Ord Reuse Authority approaches 2020 sunset, its proposed future is in limbo.
- BREZSNY'S ASTROLOGY • Oct. 12-18, 2017
- California is now a sanctuary state, even if county jail officials wish it wasn’t.
- County supervisors consider leasing land to Salinas to build a BMX park and other projects.
- David Clemens
- EDIBLE: Ruffo Ibarra riffs on Mexico, America and seafood ahead of Fiesta del Mar appearance at the Aquarium.
- Howie Mandel just wants to be on stage (including in Monterey) and crack wise.
- In order to prevent whale entanglements, local crab fishermen team up to find lost crab pots.
- LETTERS to the EDITOR 10.12.17
- Loch & Key do Henry Miller Carmel, Mapache plays first HML Big Sur event in months.
- MMJ: Better Than a Road Flare
- Monterey Symphony’s ‘Concert Grand’ lavishes on the piano love at Sunset Center.
- Pacheco Water Store
- REAL ESTATE Trends 10.12.17
- SQUIDFRY: Whine Country
- STREET TALK: Does a lot of bad news change your news consumption habits?
- Strangulation is common in domestic violence, but not commonly recognized for how deadly it is.
- The Buzz 10.12.17
- The Carmel International Film Fest is back, with three world premieres.
- The county’s first licensed medical cannabis dispensary is open for business.
- The next Census should collect data on LGBTQ Americans so the government can serve them.