In January 2017, Los Angeles-based journalist Vince Beiser traveled to the Monterey Peninsula to report on a protest that activists staged near the Cemex sand mine in Marina. Beiser was working on a book about sand and he was hoping to incorporate some of the Cemex drama.
- ARTIFACTS: Lettuce curtain call, Scandinavia cinema
- A new film got in on the ground floor of a political movement.
- Art Around the County 07.18.19
- A Seaside wall gets a new humpback whale mural, thanks to a cannabis dispensary and three local artists.
- Seaside’s 73rd Annual Obon Festival features food, fun and culture
- As of episode six, turmoil in Big Little Lies is both on-screen and behind the scenes.