TAMC’s To-Do List
The Transportation Authority says Measure A will leverage enough money to fund 16 projects throughout the county.
Thursday, May 25, 2006
1. $40,255,000 | Salinas Road and Highway 1 Interchange. Construction of a three-lane structure over Highway 1 at Salinas Road. The interchange includes a southbound loop on-ramp, three diamond-type ramps, and an adjacent service road.
2. $248 million | Route 156 Widening and Highway 101-156 Interchange. Widening the two-lane highway to a four-lane expressway between Castroville and the Highway 101 Interchange in Prunedale.
3. Cost undetermined | Prunedale and Highway 101 Freeway Bypass Project. Pre-construction funding for adding new capacity to Highway 101 from Echo Valley to Russell/Espinosa roads through a four-lane bypass. Improves interchanges and reroutes local roads in the area to coordinate new capacity.
4. $235 million | Prunedale and Highway 101 Project. Constructing three new overpasses at Russell/Espinosa, Blackie/Reese, and Crazy Horse Canyon/Echo Valley roads. Includes improvements to San Miguel overpass, local roads throughout the corridor, and the addition of four new travel lanes to the east of Prunedale Bypass in later stages.
5. $51.5 million | Marina-Salinas Corridor. Widens Davis Road between the Highway 183 bridge and Reservation Road. Also widens Reservation Road from Davis Road to east of Blanco Road. Both roads go to four lanes and coincide with the construction of a four-lane bridge across Salinas River.
6. $60 million | Salinas—Highway 101. Adds a four- or five-lane structure over 101 with on- and off-ramps facing all directions at Airport Boulevard.
7. $9 million | Route 68 Operational Improvements. Left-turn lanes and upgrades to signal timing at San Benancio, Laureles Grade, and Corral de Tierra.
8. $63,528,000 | Sand City-Seaside—Highway 1. Widens Highway 1 from Fremont Avenue to Canyon Del Rey in Seaside, plus local road improvements.
9. $45 million | Del Monte Avenue. Adds eastbound lane from Camino El Estero to Sloat Avenue while making improvements to the intersection of Sloat and Aguajito, which include the addition of left-turn lanes and signal operation improvements.
10. $16,741,000 | CHOMP—Route 68. Adds two additional lanes to two-lane Holman Highway from the Community Hospital of Monterey Peninsula to Highway 1.
11. $3,090,000 | Carmel—Highway 1. Extends a “climbing lane” begun in 2001 between Ocean Avenue and Carmel Valley Road, through Rio Road.
12. $7.3 million | Gonzales—Highway 101. Adds signals to on- and off-ramps and widens bridge over Highway 101. Includes work at Fifth Street and La Gloria Road interchanges.
13. $7.7 million | Soledad—Highway 101. Improvements to the Front Street Interchange and off-ramps that connect with Galiban Road. Adds a northbound on-ramp to the Highway 146 and Highway 101 Interchange.
14. $25 million | Highway 101 South County Safety Improvement. Installs acceleration, deceleration and refuge lanes to 101 between King City and Salinas. Includes rumble strips and median barriers to reduce crossover accidents, plus improvements to side and service roads for local and agricultural traffic.
15. $6.2 million | Greenfield—Highway 101. Realigns Thorne Road on- and off-ramps to 101 and installs a signal at Thorne Road and El Camino Real.
16. $21 million | King City. Reconstructs First Street between 101 and the railroad crossing as well as First Street Bridge, plus construction of a crossing either under or over the railroad to prevent accidents and allow better access for emergency vehicles.