A Monterey salon catches fire
Thursday, January 29, 2009
At 7pm on Wednesday, the Monterey Fire Department responded to a fire at Perfect Salon on Webster street near downtown Monterey.
According the assistant fire chief Andrew Miller there was extensive damage, but the fire crews were able to stop the fire from spreading to adjoining businesses.
Monterey Fire Chief Paul Goodwin said the fire was probably started by "something electrical, probably a small heater."
"I'm 90% certain it was accidental," he says. "But we can't be sure until an arson team checks it out."
The salon's owner, Tuan Trinh was standing by, but declined to comment.
No one was injured in the fire.