Lost and Found
Downtown Pacific Grove shows signs of growth.
Friday, April 2, 2010
As the national job market shows tentative signs of growth, Pacific Grove's downtown is staging its own rebound.
For the past couple of years, P.G.'s Lighthouse Avenue has been dogged by lingering vacancies. But Mayor Carmelita Garcia reports that recent months have brought revitalization: All of the street's commercial spaces except for the former Hallmark store are now filled, she says.
She says new businesses include:
- A new Mum's Place interior design store across from the laundromat at 505 Lighthouse;
- A second Miss Trawick’s Garden Shop next to
- The new Fusion Nails Spa at 618 Lighthouse;
- A new baby store was born on the corner of Forest and Lighthouse avenues; and
- Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals is opening a new downtown P.G. office.