Bachofner leads Rubio in fundraising for the Seaside mayor's race.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
The race for Seaside mayor is getting spendy, with challenger Felix Bachofner reporting almost $10,500 in contributions through Sept. 30 to incumbent Ralph Rubio’s $7,200.
Bachofner's top contributions from June 30-Sept. 30:
- $4,000 from retired Seaside developer Al Glover
- $2,500 from transportation company owner Rajinder Maniv
- $1,000 from airline pilot Michael Niemann
- $500 from Seaside Firefighters Association
Rubio's top contributions from June 30-Sept. 30:
- $2,000 from the Operating Engineers union
- $1,000 from Victory Dealership Group
- $100 from Chris Fitz of Service Employees International Union
- $100 from Earthbound Farms spokesman Michael Cabaluna
In the City Council race, incumbent Tom Mancini has raised almost $2,500, with $100 from an engineers' union and $500 from a construction union. Challenger Annalisa Mitchell has $1,900, including $1,000 from former councilman Daryl Choates and $900 from herself.
Alvin Edwards and Dennis Alexander report less than $1,000.