- As Barack Obama and John McCain face off, here's a look at (part of) the televised debate between JFK and Nixon that changed American political discourse forever.
- A breakthrough program gets local truckers to accelerate their fitness efforts.
- A brief and wondrous interview with Junot Díaz.
- ADAM MARSLAND
- ADAM NIEWOOD & HIS RABBLE ROUSERS
- Asked at Peter B’s in Monterey.
- Festival in the Forest piles up an impressive lineup at Fernwood.
- Gag Reflex:The film version of Chuck Palahniuk’s Choke ultimately struggles for air.
- Issue Sep 25, 2008
- Julie Clark overcame suffocating sexism to star at events like this weekend’s California International Airshow.
- Local business owner shakes up Seaside City Council race.
- Lone local qualifier Hawk Mazzotta braved bulls and fast black top to prepare for the AMA races at Laguna Seca.
- Marina Gazette highlights Mayor Gary Wilmot, who also publishes the paper.
- Michael Jones’ mercurial personality feels larger than life – just like his food.
- Policies dismissing sincere religious beliefs benefit no one.
- RICHIE HAVENS
- Randall Grahm rekindles his love for making wines by doing what made the Santa Cruz-sown iconoclast famous: something unpredictable.
- Salinas soccer leagues push for new regional complex.
- The Peninsula’s own Playgirl centerfold is professional - grade in other contexts too.
- The Ramblin’ Grammy winner is eager to make another pilgrimage to Big Sur.
- The River Road Wine Trail is a must-do for local grape lovers.
- Woman Hood: Nights in Rodanthe succeeds as a romantic tearjerker.