- $8.68 billion Countrywide settlement may allow some locals to stay in their homes.
- A high-flying look at the world’s fastest growing water sport.
- A range of local galleries throw open their doors to share standout work over Halloween weekend.
- ANIMAL FARM
- Adjusting habits with the Aquarium’s new sushi guide in mind.
- Asked near Cape San Martin in Big Sur.
- Country legend crosses genres to charm fans.
- Drawing the wrong conclusions about the economic meltdown.
- From reggae to bluegrass and rap, musicians are sounding off for the Obama cause.
- Issue Oct 30, 2008
- JASON MILES
- Keep hope alive – but remember that addiction to the candidate of your dreams can be dangerous.
- Lady Vengeance: Angelina Jolie is mother on a mission in Clint Eastwood’s latest.
- MATTHEW SWEET
- Microtonic Harmonic plays bluegrass with an unmistakable enthusiasm.
- Monterey Bay researchers discover the endangered turtles’ habits.
- Monterey finally gets a late night pizza joint— and it’s family owned and upper-crust quality.
- Motley Crude: Kevin Smith’s arrested adolescence continues in Zack and Miri Make a Porno.
- P.G. Planning Commission approves Lovers Point project permit.
- Salinas teacher sentenced to nearly 11 years in prison for child molestation.
- Saving a rebellious writer’s hometown library.
- Searching for the spirits in the dark that haunt Stokes Restaurant and Bar.
- The Rat Pack is Back smokes the Golden State.