- Obama taps former NPS associate provost for assistant secretary of defense.
- Pebble Beach Food&Wine Team to mount "Harvest" event Sept. 5-6
- Animal Control collects kittens from a Seaside tree stump.
- A new book on an unusually diverse, and accepting, community.
- Asked at City Center in Seaside.
- Big Sur Bakery chef/new mom Michelle Rizzolo shares some sweet secrets for Mothers Day.
- Extra Golden leads a robust upcoming schedule at Big Sur Spirit Garden.
- First-time homebuyers are swooping in on Seaside’s foreclosure boom.
- Former Harvey Milk aide talks about change in Salinas.
- Fresh French food, a high “C” note and other various vittles.
- Going Boldly: J. J. Abrams’ energetic Star Trek embraces some astral history, and throws some away.
- Issue May 07, 2009
- Karl Rove plays hardball, performs standup at CSU Monterey Bay.
- Local martial artist teaches dressy girls to fight back.
- Monterey County employees petition to leave SEIU and join National Union of Healthcare Workers.
- PacRep’s Woolf revival displays comedy, tragedy in classic take of marital woes.
- Romancing the Clone: Michael Douglas steals the show from Matthew McConaughey in Ghost of Girlfriends Past.
- Salinas native Angie Ruiz whups tail on TV.
- Seaside offers down payment loans – with some hitches – for first-timers of modest means.
- Superior Court rules in favor of planned Sand City ecoresort.
- Tech N9ne and Realization top two very strong shows in Salinas and Monterey.
- The strong shows will extend through August.
- What California can look forward to after the budget-related measures fail on May 19.