- Assembly stalls prison plan
- A CSUMB veteran offers some counsel for the freshman set.
- A buffet of bargains to eat big for little money.
- Asked at Century Cinemas in Monterey.
- Big Sur Spirit Garden hosts eight-act WOMANSONG celebration.
- Blurred Vision: Rodriguez takes Shorts to the limit, with limited success.
- Broadway musical medley is rough-around-the-edges but redeeming.
- Central Coast VNA and Hospice’s Seaside adult day care center closes its doors.
- Checking in, after 12 months in the trenches.
- Free Your Mind: All the education, none of the tuition.
- Great places to go with groups – beyond the standard Starbucks or local library.
- Hopkins Marine Station scientists discover an amorous new hermit crab species.
- Issue Aug 20, 2009
- Local growers boo the new U.S. House-approved food safety bill.
- PacRep’s Oliver! is a booming and ambitious summertime success.
- Rising Salinas reggae rocks Giovane’s.
- Seaside-Sand City Chamber crawls back from the brink.
- Somebody buys the Guv’s jacket for serious cheese and other treats.
- The Reich Stuff: Tarantino mashes up war, vengeance and film smarts in Inglourious Basterds.
- Two new ways to explore frozen yogurt, in Carmel and on Cannery Row.
- Worldly, multilingual Jessica Fichot visits newly redone Blue Fin stage.