- Shots fired at Salinas Target.
- Alisal School District implosion sets stage for tough County Superintendent of schools election.
- Asked at Borders in Seaside.
- Big Al drops in on CSU-Monterey Bay.
- Breaking beer news, Bahama Billy’s deals and fresh farmers markets.
- By The Numbers
- Cooking for Solutions builds upon a breakthrough with help from its Chef of the Year.
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros pack Henry Miller – and the stage – in Big Sur.
- Home-schooling Salinas mom launches non-toxic skin-care line.
- Issue May 20, 2010
- Just Like Starting Ogre: Shrek Forever After throws out the films’ history – and it’s an improvement.
- Law enforcement leaders explore joining forces in tight budget times.
- Local linguists lobby D.C. to repeal “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.”
- Lying Low: Casino Jack and the United States of Money examines shady dealings of swindler/lobbyist Jack Abramoff.
- MPUSD reorg faces criticism, but the district defends the decision – and needs the funds.
- MX5 action and the lengthy Le Mans lead the weekend’s excitement at Seca’s sharp turns.
- State Assembly considers AB 1998, a bill banning all single-use grocery bags.
- Stop passing laws about texting while driving, and start driving less.
- The BLUE Ocean Film Festival will bring powerful content, people and conservation to its new home, Monterey.
- The Beatles live in Carmel with 1964 The Tribute.
- The Shirelles headline Rock & Rod Festival in Monterey.