- Activists get creative as CA plastic bag ban nears Senate vote.
- Alisal school district cites test results as reason for backing off bilingual education.
- Asked at the Latte Café in Gonzales.
- Being under 21 – or without I.D. to say so – doesn’t have to drown out your goings out. Celebrate youth with seven hotspots for the all-ages crowd.
- Big lessons from schooling with the whales in Monterey Bay.
- CHOMP’s Sleep Disorders Center takes aim at apnea and other draining difficulties.
- Classic Latin band combines simplicity with soul on a visit to Salinas.
- Controversy over San Benito County solar farm proposal heats up.
- Don’t expose yourself to an easy catch; burn one down in peace at these high-life hideaways.
- Food-travel teachings and Indian-summer opportunities.
- From the cheapest eats to the best places to flash a military I.D., a CliffsNotes take on student knowledge best used outside the classroom.
- Guillen’s performance discussed behind closed doors, challenged outside them.
- Issue Aug 26, 2010
- Local faves bid a fond farewell to ace guitarist Tom Ayres
- Merger between Monterey Institute of International Studies and Middlebury College should pay off – financially and scholastically – for both.
- Popular hangouts where military garb will get you a good deal, and a great deal of camaraderie.
- Recent forays into the cetacean underground.
- Seaside composes a score of possibilities for former Fort Ord redevelopment.
- Sending Snooki free Coach bags is a Jersey Shore thing – for designer competitors.
- Singer-songwriter combines Dylanesque complexity with a satiric edge.
- The devil is in the details of a Blair Witch Project knock-off that has its own kind of eerie style.
- Thieves Like Them: Takers is more fun when it focuses on the criminals than on the cops who are trying to catch them.
- Unexpected ways to stretch your student dollar and fill your stomach.