- A Killer Epic: Famed director William Friedkin riffs on film, philosophy and life as his Killer Joe opens at the Osio.
- A family comes together and falls apart in Tracy Letts’ unmissable hit August: Osage County at Paper Wing.
- A third-generation thangka master adds color to Pacific Grove.
- A worldly revival is poised to hit Monterey’s Golden State Theatre.
- Alarming Salinas dog deaths distract from the real danger.
- An event-by-event look at the futuristic designs that changed automotives – and will appear across Monterey County for Car Week.
- Comedian and car lover Adam Carolla brings his sarcastic shtick to Carmel’s Sunset Center.
- County D.A. joins suit after local Walgreens stores are found violating waste laws.
- Economic Development Department braces for calamity with looming Capital One, Fresh Express layoffs.
- Fitness freaks brace for impact as popular CrossFit empire fights off a possible buyout.
- Free Will Astrology
- From L.A. Food & Wine 2 to Curly’s Barbecue, tastebuds are buzzing.
- Issue Aug 16, 2012
- Lokal Restaurant
- Real Estate
- Seaside moves to annex Monterey Downs project; activist lawsuit alleges conflict.
- Squid Speak Spoken Here
- St. Vincent Folk brings dark-humored music to Big Sur’s renovated Maiden Pub.
- The Art of Bore: The worst thing about The Expendables 2 is the chance for The Expendables 3
- The California Roots Summer Mix-Up brings nine bands to the Monterey County Fairgrounds.
- The wealthy aren’t just steering politics, they’re conscripting it from the will of the people.
- There’s plenty more during Car Week to buckle into, and parts of it are free.
- Tumbleweed Wanderers’ infectious harmonies quickly gain widespread attention.