- A mid-lifer tries out for the Santa Cruz Warriors basketball team.
- Animal Friends Rescue Project helps four-legged fur babies find new best pals for life.
- BREZSNY'S ASTROLOGY • November 21-27, 2013
- Claes Oldenburg returns to Salinas to visit his previously neglected work of monumental sculpture.
- Del Rey Oaks in talks with school and Safeway as possible tenants of old driving range.
- Disaster in Philippines goes beyond the typhoon and into everyday life.
- Four companies vie to take over lucrative rights to haul Peninsula’s waste.
- Instead of shrinking, the biggest banks have consolidated and control even more capital.
- Judge may allow release of some records in priest sex-abuse case.
- Kill Your Darlings
- Local experts aim to shape FDA’s food safety regulations; small farms see doomsday.
- MIIS master plan considers downtown connection, possible on-campus housing.
- Monterey’s vision for a downtown revolution is complete – and its implementation well underway – but it will take other changes to be realized fully.
- Opportunities are beginning to knock for a shy, 22-year-old songstress.
- REAL ESTATE Trends - 11.21.13
- Right Foot Forward
- SQUID FRY 11.21.13 - Murky Waters…
- Satisfying – and surprising – sports-centric places to take in the game.
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- The Kingston Trio rides uncommon – and festive – history into P.G. Art Center.
- The Lucky Me’s lead a versatile line-up of music at the Blue Fin.
- The War on Drugs’ Dave Hartley takes his one-man show, Nightlands, on the road to Big Sur.
- The award-winning Hartnell College Speech Team
- The real spirit of the onrushing holiday season is maximizing leftovers.
- What’s something you would like to try that you haven’t?