- A dachshund from Monterey travels to San Diego for the wiener dog nationals.
- An Oscar preview list for the cinephile reveals the best films of 2013
- BREZSNY'S ASTROLOGY • January 2-8, 2014
- Carmel Art Association features two artists connected by friendship.
- During the Pfeiffer Ridge fire her home for 23 years burned to the ground.
- Encore launches ag plastic recycling in Salinas, but green activists wonder why.
- Enid Baxter Ryce is a featured artist at Green Chalk Contemporary, opening 6pm Saturday.
- Green Chalk packs in an all-star team of artists for 2014.
- Kai Lee Creamery
- LOCAL SPIN 01.02.14 – The Charlie Brown of crop circles appears in Chualar.
- Nonprofit Guitars Not Guns continues to positively impact at-risk teens throughout Monterey County.
- Patria in Salinas deserves a visit, and a spot at the top of Salinas restaurants.
- REAL ESTATE Trends - 01.02.14
- SQUID FRY 01.02.14 – Play Nice…
- Salinas’ El Dorado Motel faces closure, leaving families with few options
- Sly McFly’s keeps music coming on Cannery Row.
- What is the best evidence aliens have visited Earth?
- The modest little fish – and Monterey icon – contains grand teachings on how to manage fish populations.