- 24-year-old jazz singer phenom makes her Monterey Jazz Fest debut.
- A Carmel author’s book on dog-friendly hiking trails opens up new routes.
- A Swiss playwright traumatized by World War II creates a warning siren.
- A data analysis project at MIIS hopes to reduce gang violence in Salinas.
- A recent spate of fires in Marina’s Cypress Knolls points to arson, but leads remain elusive.
- ARTIFACTS: Each day is full of promise. The promise of what, remains to be seen.
- As U.N. meets to discuss global warming, citizens will march to demand change.
- BREZSNY'S ASTROLOGY • Sept. 18-24, 2014
- Bakersfield Blaze owner considers a minor-league team – and stadium – for Salinas.
- Charles Lloyd returns to the stage that spawned his greatest work – and one of modern jazz’s most influential recordings.
- Del Rey Oaks considers becoming the first local city to allow medical pot dispensaries.
- Fall Arts Calendar 2014
- Good to Go
- How one local library fine-tuned its book sales to make thousands online.
- Locals working together can gain advantage over rigged system, author says.
- Making it easier for women to leave their abusers requires better laws and funding.
- Monterey Bay Shores faces brand-new setbacks, stalls on plover protections.
- Old Crow Medicine Show bring bluegrass grunge.
- Old Hendrix homie and rock legend Dave Mason does reimagined classics at Sunset Center in Carmel.
- Philip Glass’ Days and Nights Festival raises the stakes in presenting contemporary culture. And it gets funny.
- Real Estate 09.18.14
- Squid nominates Squid's dog to take over HR in Carmel government.
- The Local Buzz 09.18.14
- This is Where I Leave You
- What The Roots’ Jazz Fest diet tells us about the best catering in Monterey County.
- What artistic medium would you use to represent your life’s story?