- Friday, December 29- Thursday, January 4
- A carne-asada fries hunt from Salinas to the sea yields discoveries.
- A look back at the 20 most-read stories of the Weekly’s website in 2017.
- A look back at the 2017 Arts and Culture stories that made for a richer community.
- A wild and entertaining tour through the winners of the annual 101-Word Short Story Contest.
- ARTIFACTS: Carmel library’s star service, Carmel and Big Sur sing, women in words
- All the Money in the World
- Art Around the County 12.28.17
- BREZSNY'S ASTROLOGY • Dec. 28, 2017-Jan. 3, 2018
- Dangerously high carbon monoxide levels make for a strange Christmas gift.
- Del Monte Manor has launched a grassroots effort to replace a dangerous, aging playground.
- EDIBLE: A taste of the epic top 10 new restaurants in Monterey County for 2017.
- Ellen Martin
- LETTERS to the EDITOR 12.28.17
- MMJ: Growing For the Gold
- Monterey Peninsula cops are now equipped with tools to save people from overdoses.
- Monterey Pop’s 50th anniversary, and other music festival high points of 2017.
- REAL ESTATE Trends 12.28.17
- Revisiting the year in film reveals the best of times and the worst of times.
- SQUIDFRY 12.28.17: New Suit
- STREET TALK: What is something good that happened to you in 2017?
- San artists visit Monterey Bay Aquarium from landlocked Botswana, and find differences – and similarities.
- The Buzz 12.28.17
- The GOP’s tax overhaul doesn’t take effect until 2019, but look for politicized changes next year.
- The nonprofit Housing Resource Center helps alleviate the housing crisis, and aims to expand services to teens.
- Three concert highlights of 2017 featured versatile musicians and visceral music with staying power.