- A Covid-19 outbreak in Monterey County Jail raises questions about who can bail out.
- A blogger makes the case for local food. It’s not surf ‘n’ turf.
- A collaboration between nonprofits and the state brings food, companionship and education to seniors.
- A push poll questions a candidate’s commitment to justice and policing.
- As the NEOWISE comet grips stargazers, a local astronomer recalls launching the satellite that spotted it.
- As the pandemic worsens people’s lives, small and localized volunteer projects step up to fill basic needs, alongside legacy nonprofits.
- Brezsny's Astrology • July 30-August 05, 2020
- Cal Fire balances wildfire season with Covid-19 protection for firefighters.
- Could Carmel Valley Road make the state’s list of scenic highways?
- County ag commissioner terminates the pesticide alert program -- and then brings it back.
- Esselen Nation accuses Esalen Institute of playing Indians.
- Home sales are strong with buyers from urban areas; commercial real estate is a mixed bag.
- Letters to the Editor
- Morsels 07.30.20
- Rather than open mid-pandemic, Rare Earth delivers exclusive products.
- SQUIDFRY 07.30.20: A Fast One
- The Buzz 07.30.20
- To Do 07.30.20
- Toolbox 07.30.20
- Two Monterey County doctors stand accused by the state medical board of negligence.
- Visuals 07.30.20
- Walk the Dog
- “Light Dancing Dark”