- A Salinas baker reopens mid-pandemic, and fulfills a demand for comfort food.
- A Salinas school district fights online misinformation, trolls and hate speech with tech-focused education.
- A cocktail caterer transforms a horse trailer into a mobile bar.
- A proposal to end surcharges on water bills is up for a vote, and utility companies fight back.
- A queer pastor faces homophobia upon arriving in Marina -- but looks ahead to building community.
- After suing Seaside in an attempt to overturn the Campus Town project, a mysterious plaintiff renegs.
- An effort to reach isolated seniors during the pandemic leads to thousands of cards flooding local care facilities.
- Back-to-school season in a pandemic means difficult changes and remote learning, but there is support.
- Brezsny's Astrology • Aug. 06-12, 2020
- Experts taught us how to look for online extremism in Monterey County -- and what we found is surprising.
- Hate Fighters
- It’s sometimes hard to see, but there is hate in our community.
- Letters to the Editor 08.06.20
- Morsels 08.06.20
- Opportunity knocks in America’s Last Hometown to look at its past and build an inclusive future.
- SQUIDFRY 8.06.20: Puff Puff Pass
- Scavenger Hunt
- The Buzz 08.06.20
- The Carmel Area Wastewater District uses cutting-edge testing for Covid-19.
- The Sunset Cultural Center signals it wants a future separate from Carmel’s Forest Theater.
- To Do 08.06.20
- Visuals 08.06.20
- With arresting imagery, “Democracy in the Fields” captures a watershed moment in Salinas Valley history.
- “Each Morning Gift”