- Visuals 10.14.21
- A gorgeous local trail was set to open in 2020. Now, it’s 2022 -- if we’re lucky.
- Panaderia Acambaritas brings ‘Pan de Acámbaro’ to Salinas, using 100-year-old family recipes.
- A teacher shortage is worse than ever, with Covid-19 taking a toll on K-12 staff.
- Cold Play
- Letters to the Editor 10.14.21
- Monterey-based photographer Ralph Pace’s powerful wildlife images earn him a major international award.
- With two weekends, 70 artists and 29 years of history, the Monterey County Artists Studio Tour is back and farther-reaching than ever.
- Morsels 10.14.21
- Silicon Valley’s investor-driven vision to remake the agriculture industry does not look like farming as we know it.
- Using saws, drills and glue guns, kids in Salinas get creative -- while learning how to apply scientific principles.
- A new county plan for disaster response reveals underlying inequality.
- A local Latino rights organization threatens lawsuit unless Monterey changes election process.
- The Buzz 10.14.21
- Justyna Badach’s 'Proxy War' takes ISIS-produced propaganda videos and blows them up. Literally.
- The Hook Outlet opens in Watsonville with a promise of super-affordable cannabis.
- A Presidio gate closure rattled local businesses -- until the military reversed course.
- The Montage vaccine mandate leaves some doctors and staff out; a lawsuit is in the works.
- Brezsny's Astrology • October 14-20, 2021
- Squidfry (10.14.21): Fight It Out
- The state Court of Appeal upholds a local trial court decision – Measure Z cannot stand.
- To Do 10.14.21
- Toolbox 10.14.21