10. One decent Mexican restaurant per town. You can only eat great Italian food for so long.
9. Customer service. You don’t know how good it is until you have none.
8. Some of the Sanctuary’s outreach signs that storm drains and urban watersheds lead to the ocean.
7. Airborne. All that public transit and sneezing.
6. The California Coastal Act. It’s immoral to have to pay to use the beach.
5. Three feet, to add to the width of the parking spaces.
4. Research and monitoring of marine resources. There is almost none in Italy and we are pretty blessed around Monterey Bay.
3. Monterey’s parking ticket ladies. Parking equals chaos in Italy.
2. Some decent Fish & Game laws, and enforcement. Italians will catch and eat anything.
1. Dan Albert. He’s already royalty in Sicily and most local governments in Italy need a little coach’s kick in the tail.